However, the deal allows for Israel to request more funding in cases of “emergency” — which reportedly include war, Israeli efforts to destroy tunnels between the besieged Gaza Strip and Israel, and the development of cyber defense systems.The current military aid package, which gives Israel with an annual sum of $3.1 billion, is set to expire in 2018.Multiple Israeli news websites reported that during talks leading up to the new agreement, which will take effect in 2019, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had requested the annual funding increase to as much as $4.5 billion, though the US government later settled on $3.8 billion each year for the next decade, with no additional requests allowed on Israel’s part except during wartime.US Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro said on Sunday that the deal, known as the “memorandum of understanding,” would constitute “the US’s biggest aid package to any other country in history.”According to Ynet News, the new package is a first, in that it will include provisions for missile defense projects, which in the past have been drawn separately from funds directly from the US Congress.The site reported that over the last few years, American legislators have transferred up to $600 million to Israel for missile defense purposes.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Nigeria: Kidnapped Politician Found Dead in Delta State - allAfrica.com ow.ly/tIYh50eHE1T 3 hours ago
- U.S. Prisoners Need Some Love - moorbey: U.S. Prisoners Need Some Love by Nellie Bailey and Glen Ford... ow.ly/WRJv50eHE1k 3 hours ago
- Hamilton 68: Tracking Putin's Propaganda Push... To America ow.ly/ioWY30fZU3a 4 hours ago
- ANF | From some rifles to an army: The history of the YPG - ANF | From some rifles to an army: The history of t... ow.ly/7Eon50eHBvs 4 hours ago
- Bertha Zúñiga, hija de la activista asesinada Berta Cáceres: ''Honduras tiene unas tasas de impunidad del 96%, ... ow.ly/mTeF50eHBvt 4 hours ago
- From some rifles to an army: The history of the YPG
- Trump Campaign Staffers Pushed Russian Propaganda Days Before the Election
- #USA / #Privacy / #Cybersecurity #Journalism / #eMail
- Bombardier’s attempt to enter US market: Boeing uses US state to crush its competitor
- Tensions rise between RCMP and First Nations against fish farms by Musgamagw Dzawada’enuxw Cleansing Our Waters, October 17, 2017
- #SouthAfrica / Africa / #Economics / #JacobZuma / #Corruption
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.