ibtimes.co.uk — [Trump stalwart Gov Chris Christie ‘knew bridge was shut to punish enemy mayor’] Top aides had “bragged” to the governor about the lane closings at a memorial service for those killed in the 11 September terrorist attacks, saying that they had been shut to “mess” with Democrat Mayor Mark Sokolich of Fort Lee, New Jersey.Sokolich’s desperate entreaties to open the lanes for “public safety” fell on deaf ears. Aides later claimed the lanes had been shut as part of a “traffic study.”Assistant US Attorney Vikas Khanna said former Christie confidante and Port Authority executive David Wildstein will testify that he told Christie about the plan to close lanes on the George Washington Bridge which connects upper Manhattan to Sokolich’s town of Fort Lee, CNN reported. The Port Authority is in charge of the region’s bridges.When news of the deliberate lane closings first emerged, it was widely seen as the death knell of Christie’s political career. Critics didn’t find it credible that aides would engineer such a retaliatory, devastating traffic jam without instructions from their boss.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Tensions rise between RCMP and First Nations against fish farms... ow.ly/oLCA50eFrSA 22 minutes ago
- Bombardier’s attempt to enter US market: Boeing uses US state to... ow.ly/Kvza50eFore 1 hour ago
- Tensions rise between RCMP and First Nations against fish farms | Warrior Publications ow.ly/FE0g50eFnAP 1 hour ago
- Peshmerga in Full Control of Makhmour: Commander - basnews - Peshmerga in Full Control of Makhmour: Commander -... ow.ly/nY6l50eFexP 2 hours ago
- Ahmad: We will announce Raqqa’s liberation after the city is completely cleared | ANHA ow.ly/uTlN50eFeuf 2 hours ago
- Indigenous rights ‘serious obstacle’ to Kinder Morgan pipeline
- Tensions rise between RCMP and First Nations against fish farms by Musgamagw Dzawada’enuxw Cleansing Our Waters, October 17, 2017
- Don’t call him Russian Roy: Moore campaign doesn’t know why Russian Twitter bots are following him
- Bombardier’s attempt to enter US market: Boeing uses US state to crush its competitor
- #DaphneCaruanaGalizia / #Assassination / #Murder / #Journalism / #Malta / #Europe
- #OccupiedPalestine / #Israel / #HumanRights / #MassIncarceration / #Detention
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.