Recent events in Latin America have highlighted this problem. On August 29, the Brazilian Senate removed the elected president, Dilma Rousseff, from office, even though the federal prosecutor assigned to her case had determined that the accounting procedures for which she was being impeached did not constitute a crime. Moreover, leaked transcripts of phone calls between political leaders of the impeachment showed that they were trying to get rid of Dilma in order to protect themselves from investigations into their own corruption. Michel Temer, who has already been banned from running for office because of campaign finance violations, replaced an elected president who had committed no crime. Everything about the process was political—and now the new government is trying to implement a right-wing agenda that was defeated in the last three presidential elections.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Martial law in Mindanao, Trump’s plans for Somalia and global humanitarian attitudes: The Cheat Sheet
- IAEA verifies UAE nuclear material inventory
- #TrumpRussia & Son-in-Law
- The #GOP is the #AmericanFascistParty
- Democrats urge against appointment of Sheriff David Clarke: ‘Loyalty is a greater test for the Trump vetting process than competence’ / Allan Smith
- Jeremiah Wright's Words Hauntingly Relevant Today - Jeremiah Wright's Words Hauntingly Relevant Today ow.ly/XPlM50bMcR0 11 hours ago
- Leaked Documents Reveal Counterterrorism Tactics Used at Standing Rock to “Defeat Pipeline Insurgencies” ow.ly/PBVq50bM6uG 12 hours ago
- What happens when you give a diverse group of tax cheats,... ow.ly/debg50bM4Sc 13 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo #PDX in the studio ow.ly/muIQW > Skype DM .@TheAngryindian 4 contact request :… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- Black Americans Are Killed At 12 Times The Rate Of People In Other Developed Countries ow.ly/7vDS50bM0zI 15 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.