At least 11 people are feared to be dead in the Caribbean after the massive Category 4 Hurricane Matthew slammed into Haiti and the Dominican Republic Tuesday with winds up to 145 miles an hour and torrential downpours. It’s the strongest storm to hit the Caribbean in nearly a decade. In Haiti, Matthew has killed at least four people and displaced thousands more across a country still recovering from the devastating 2010 earthquake. The storm also knocked out most communications across Haiti and flooded a major bridge connecting southern Haiti to the rest of the country. The United Nations has warned the hurricane poses the greatest humanitarian threat to Haiti since the earthquake six years ago. The hurricane has also hit the Bahamas and Cuba, where the U.S. military evacuated 700 employees, and some family pets, from the naval base at Guantánamo Bay, although it did not evacuate the 61 prisoners held there. The storm is now hurtling toward the U.S. coast. In anticipation, multiple governors have declared states of emergency, and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has ordered the evacuation of coastal regions inhabited by more than a million people.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4thWorldRadyo // Speculative Injustice: Why Are Mainstream Leftists in the US Handing the International Far-Right t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/WC3G30hQj1r 3 days ago
- Modern AfroIndio Times | 4thWorld Issues; #Antifa.schismus Politik & Conscious Afro-Indigenismo ow.ly/ejTN30hQgq2 3 days ago
- 4thWorldRadyo // Dialectical Disorder: An Indigenist Critique of Activism; Radicalism and Rational Self-Defence in… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Original non-Partisan #Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/64AE30hQeiM 3 days ago
- ‘Equatorial Guinea’s attempted coup began in France,’ President Obiang tells FRANCE 24 – France 24
- Sanjay Gupta: By all standards, Trump has heart disease
- Netanyahu: India working to reapprove scrapped $500m missile deal with major Israeli defense contractor
- Turkey to take ‘any steps necessary immediately’ to ‘defeat threats’
- AFN fears ‘unjust labelling’ of First Nations activists as ‘terrorists’ under proposed anti-terror bill: document – APTN News
- Interview With Kevin Gosztola: How Trump Will Prosecute Reality Winner
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.