“He would go down the rabbit hole with some idea or another, he would get very intensely focused on something, but then move onto something else, so I would describe him as someone with a range of interests though all of them tied back to information systems,” who, like others who spoke to BuzzFeed News about Martin, called him by his nickname, Hal.“On the one hand, I want to say, ‘no way, did Hal do what they seem to be saying he did,’” he added. “But on the other, he had his quirks. He was really serious about his interests, he would suck up all the information to be had about this topic or that… You could say he liked to show off what he knew.”Martin, a retired navy officer, was working as a contractor for Booz Allen Hamilton at the NSA at the time of his arrest. His work, much of which was with an elite offensive team of government hackers, gave him access to some of the government’s most classified information. His colleagues said he relished the job, and was constantly researching and reading up on the latest work to be published by his colleagues in the national security and cybersecurity world.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4th World Radyo: The Ides of March: EasyD and the Unbearable Mishegoss of Compromised American Politics – @TheAngryindian in Conversation with @BobKincaid of Head On Radio
- Yazidis who suffered genocide are fleeing again, but this time not from the Islamic State – The Washington Post
- Met police accused of using hackers to access protesters’ emails
- North Korea’s Latest Missile Test Failed ‘Within Seconds’ / Robbie Gramer
- Former Trump aide Manafort hires crisis communications firm By Megan R. Wilson
- The Modern [AfroIndio] Times | 4th World Issues; Antifaschismus Politic & Conscious Afro-Indigenismo ow.ly/YaER30aaghN 1 hour ago
- ‘I was abducted and threatened with rape by police’ - Gazete Ş�jin ow.ly/HOXL50amspK 1 hour ago
- 4th World Radyo: The Ides of March: EasyD and the Unbearable Mishegoss of Compromised American Politics - @TheA... ow.ly/PkZD50amrMn 1 hour ago
- Denis Cuspert, aka Deso Dogg, is a German who joined the Islamic... ow.ly/L2yF50amosF 2 hours ago
- Martin McGuinness: Sinn F�in politician dies aged 66 - BBC News ow.ly/tDKm50amoj8 2 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.