Quanah Brightman, executive director of San Francisco-based United Native Americans Inc., said the group was speaking out against the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota when the truck approached.”It was a hate crime,” she told the Reno Gazette-Journal.One of the witnesses who posted video on Facebook Live said the two men in the pickup had been “stalking the protest” at the original site where the activists had gathered two blocks away.”They drove by once as we were walking toward the arch, yelling obscenities,” said Taylor Wayman, 27, who said he was not an official member of the sponsoring groups but decided to attend the rally.”I heard the driver ask one of the protesters, ‘Do you want me to kill your homies?’ and that really set everybody off,” Wayman told AP on Tuesday.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Accomplices Not Allies: Abolishing the Ally Industrial Complex – Indigenous Action Media ow.ly/XRW150fgD2p 7 hours ago
- Egypt police arrest singer Shyma over racy video - Egypt police arrest singer Shyma over racy video ow.ly/mtYw50fgCZU 7 hours ago
- Carta de las mujeres del #CIG #CNI al Movimiento de Mujeres de #Kurdistan Komalên Jinên Kurdistan (KJK) – Centr... ow.ly/quzy50fgBKO 8 hours ago
- Minister lobbied Brazilian government on behalf of BP and Shell - Unearthed ow.ly/tTYx50fgBKM 8 hours ago
- Ramzy Baroud // Israeli hands in the American ‘fear industry’ - Al Arabiya English ow.ly/WY4t50fgBKN 8 hours ago
- aljazeera.com // No resignation as Robert Mugabe addresses nation
- aina.org // ISIS Militants Defeated in Last Major Stronghold in Syria
- HCSO Deputies Who Ordered Cavity Search at Gas Station Indicted [UPDATED]
- Which glaciers will flood your home? New NASA tool can tell
- US Strategic Command would resist ‘illegal’ orders
- Kushner didn’t disclose outreach from Russian ‘godfather’ to campaign
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.