Acquittals in Oregon standoff case could embolden anti-government movement | The Kansas City Star – “The government took them to court, they played the government’s game and they won,” said Bob Harris, a former Federal Bureau of Prisons case manager who teaches law enforcement officers how to identify and handle militant extremists. “I think it’s a spark that could lead to some real potential problems. And it’s going to spread not only through the West but all throughout the anti-government groups across the country.” Federal prosecutors had charged brothers Ammon and Ryan Bundy and five others with conspiring to prevent federal employees from doing their jobs through intimidation, threat or force during the occupation earlier this year of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. On Thursday, a federal jury in Portland found all seven defendants not guilty. “I’m kind of at a loss for words,” said Daryl Johnson, a former senior analyst for the Department of Homeland Security. “Obviously, the prosecution’s strategy and case wasn’t convincing enough — or else you had a sympathetic jury.”
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Spooked by spike in cyber extortion, businesses are stockpiling bitcoin for payoffs
- Are leaks about Russia contacts ‘illegal,’ as Trump says? | PolitiFact
- What Michael Flynn’s communication with Russia means for national security
- الرئيس التونسي يكشف عن لقاء قريب مع حفتر | بوابة الوسط–Tunisian President reveals a close encounter with Hfter | Midfield gate
- On the US raid in Yakla and Implications from Uncertainty: How Trump’s Chaos Aggravates the War in Yemen – Diwan
- 4thWorldRadyo seeks #Indigenous #Activists to comment on #NoDAPL #StandingRock #StopSabalTrail / DM @TheAngryindian (Skype/SIP/GoogleTalk) 58 minutes ago
- Listen to @TheHORN w/ @BobKincaid ow.ly/nilB5 NOW --> via tunein / is.gd/zIAqsl #Appalachia #TalkRadio #p2 1 hour ago
- "Representative Ellison has discussed how important it is to create a candidate pipeline that will..." ow.ly/sXpB509JX9u 1 hour ago
- Dakota Access protesters burn camp as deadline to leave looms | TheHill ow.ly/1fwW509JXaW 1 hour ago
- Photo ow.ly/x4Du509JTwr 2 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.