How Macedonia Became A Global Hub For Pro-Trump Misinformation – BuzzFeed News – Over the past year, the Macedonian town of Veles (population 45,000) has experienced a digital gold rush as locals launched at least 140 US politics websites. These sites have American-sounding domain names such as WorldPoliticus.com, TrumpVision365.com, USConservativeToday.com, DonaldTrumpNews.co, and USADailyPolitics.com. They almost all publish aggressively pro-Trump content aimed at conservatives and Trump supporters in the US. The young Macedonians who run these sites say they don’t care about Donald Trump. They are responding to straightforward economic incentives: As Facebook regularly reveals in earnings reports, a US Facebook user is worth about four times a user outside the US. The fraction-of-a-penny-per-click of US display advertising — a declining market for American publishers — goes a long way in Veles. Several teens and young men who run these sites told BuzzFeed News that they learned the best way to generate traffic is to get their politics stories to spread on Facebook — and the best way to generate shares on Facebook is to publish sensationalist and often false content that caters to Trump supporters.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Russian Cyberspies Hacked Us For Two Years: Danish Defense Minister | The Huffington Post
- A local chairman for the president’s campaign in Kentucky has been charged with several crimes…
- Sturgeon claims May called snap election because of fears over expenses
- Critical journalist jailed in St. Petersburg
- Iraqi Kurdish PUK, Gorran and KDP in Dispute over Parliamentiary Approval of Referendum
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/uLPf30b8DrE 27 minutes ago
- Recognize the Armenian Genocide - sebuttstien-assambard: On April 24, 1915, Ottoman Turkey began the annihilati... ow.ly/Nfd550b3JBI 56 minutes ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: Why Witnessing Afro-Revisionists Sip Nazi Kool-Aid is Ideologically Painful youtu.be/vhM98Mx6tC4 wp.me/p3dV9c-eg 1 hour ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/zSoj30b8yL1 1 hour ago
- New bill would require pot worker training in safety and sexual harassment ow.ly/ROL650b3Hog 1 hour ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.