Viral Fake Election News Outperformed Real News On Facebook In Final Months Of The US Election – BuzzFeed News – During these critical months of the campaign, 20 top-performing false election stories from hoax sites and hyperpartisan blogs generated 8,711,000 shares, reactions, and comments on Facebook. Within the same time period, the 20 best-performing election stories from 19 major news websites generated a total of 7,367,000 shares, reactions, and comments on Facebook. (This analysis focused on the top performing link posts for both groups of publishers, and not on total site engagement on Facebook. For details on how we identified and analyzed the content, see the bottom of this post. View our data here.) Up until those last three months of the campaign, the top election content from major outlets had easily outpaced that of fake election news on Facebook. Then, as the election drew closer, engagement for fake content on Facebook skyrocketed and surpassed that of the content from major news outlets.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- South Korea’s President Park Could Step Down as Protests Continue — nsnbc international
- China lodges complaint over Trump-Taiwan call — The Fifth Column
- The OPEC Oil Deal Sells Fake News for Real Money
- Much torture in Turkish prisons — Dear Kitty. Some blog
- Petraeus would have to notify probation officer if named secretary of State
- New Tumblr Tracks People Who Are Regretful Over Their Trump Votes ow.ly/GNpu507aFPB 10 hours ago
- the-movemnt: According to a 2015 YouGov poll, 28% of Americans... ow.ly/8hCx507aCn3 11 hours ago
- Police Violence Against Native Americans Goes Far Beyond Standing Rock | FiveThirtyEight ow.ly/ABjg507aBR7 11 hours ago
- The #Antifa International flag on tour! ow.ly/qcZm306MmHU @NoWhiteNonsense #StopNormalising #StopFascism https://t.co/xYulE4UsZp 11 hours ago
- Paul Ryan Wants to Throw 1.8 Million People Off Of Food Stamps for Having a Car ow.ly/ACdB507awlg 12 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.