Viral Fake Election News Outperformed Real News On Facebook In Final Months Of The US Election – BuzzFeed News – During these critical months of the campaign, 20 top-performing false election stories from hoax sites and hyperpartisan blogs generated 8,711,000 shares, reactions, and comments on Facebook. Within the same time period, the 20 best-performing election stories from 19 major news websites generated a total of 7,367,000 shares, reactions, and comments on Facebook. (This analysis focused on the top performing link posts for both groups of publishers, and not on total site engagement on Facebook. For details on how we identified and analyzed the content, see the bottom of this post. View our data here.) Up until those last three months of the campaign, the top election content from major outlets had easily outpaced that of fake election news on Facebook. Then, as the election drew closer, engagement for fake content on Facebook skyrocketed and surpassed that of the content from major news outlets.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Russian Cyberspies Hacked Us For Two Years: Danish Defense Minister | The Huffington Post
- A local chairman for the president’s campaign in Kentucky has been charged with several crimes…
- Sturgeon claims May called snap election because of fears over expenses
- Critical journalist jailed in St. Petersburg
- Iraqi Kurdish PUK, Gorran and KDP in Dispute over Parliamentiary Approval of Referendum
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/uLPf30b8DrE 38 minutes ago
- Recognize the Armenian Genocide - sebuttstien-assambard: On April 24, 1915, Ottoman Turkey began the annihilati... ow.ly/Nfd550b3JBI 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: Why Witnessing Afro-Revisionists Sip Nazi Kool-Aid is Ideologically Painful youtu.be/vhM98Mx6tC4 wp.me/p3dV9c-eg 1 hour ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/zSoj30b8yL1 2 hours ago
- New bill would require pot worker training in safety and sexual harassment ow.ly/ROL650b3Hog 2 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.