The OPEC Oil Deal Sells Fake News for Real Money – Bloomberg View – Bloomberg News reported recently that Russia as a country made $6 billion just by talking to OPEC about cutting its oil output: News about the negotiations drove up the price. Now, Russia has agreed to a cut by 300,000 barrels per day by January “if technically possible.” It looks like a lot — a quarter of the total cut OPEC members have agreed among themselves — but then Russia’s output increased by 520,000 barrels a day between the end of August and the end of October, reaching an absolute record level. Russia has been making money on the increasing price while growing production — the best of both worlds thanks to some deft news manipulation and nothing else. Now, even if Russia cuts output by about 2.7 percent of the current level, as it has promised, it will still reap a profit if the price of crude holds at the current level — about 7 percent higher on Thursday morning than three days before.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Trump Promised to Resign From His Companies — But There’s No Record He’s Done So
- 4th World Radyo :: ‘False Promises, Broken Dreams and Ersatz Progressivism’ :: What Next for the International Afro-Left Under Trump’s White Nationalism?
- Trump’s Hotel Bans Press For Inauguration, Raising First Amendment Concerns
- Syria to UN: Israel launched missile attack, has conspired in civil war – Arab-Israeli Conflict – Jerusalem Post
- Resisting the Trump Administration: Tasks for the Left
- Is Donald Trump’s Insecurity a National Security Threat? - Is Donald Trump’s Insecurity a National Security Thr... ow.ly/RatP508Qgc4 39 minutes ago
- Legal Fund#DisruptJ20 ow.ly/WA5q308faJf 1 hour ago
- micdotcom:There were more than 34,000 reported cases of rape in... ow.ly/OtGQ508Qcve 1 hour ago
- Trump Promised to Resign From His Companies — But There’s No Record He’s Done So ow.ly/t6iJ508Q3pd 2 hours ago
- Indigenous suicide: Struggling communities get $10 million funding boost - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Co... ow.ly/f8Bn508Q3iY 2 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.