Secret Service agrees to pay $24 million in decades-old race-bias case brought by black agents – The Washington Post – As part of the deal, which is the result of a push in the waning days of the Obama administration, the agency admits to no wrongdoing or institutional bias. But the payments to the agents — including lump sums as high as $300,000 each to the original eight plaintiffs — are intended to remedy the sting of the discrimination the agents say they suffered and the job opportunities they lost, according to interviews with representatives from both sides. Jennifer Klar, the lead attorney for the black agents, described her clients as thrilled with a result they hope will prevent future discrimination in the agency. “At long last . . . black Secret Service agents will not be constrained by the glass ceiling that held back so many for so long,” Klar said. Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, whose department includes the agency, said in a statement that the resolution was “simply the right thing to do.”
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Secret United States military bases in Africa revealed — Dear Kitty. Some blogAfrica revealed
- #GregGianforte / #TrumpRussia
- (LEAD) N. Korea fails in missile test: S. Korean military
- German soldier posing as a Syrian refugee arrested for planning ‘false flag’ terror attack | The Independent
- Formerly Imprisoned Journalist Barrett Brown Taken Back Into Custody Before PBS Interview
- The Growing Movement of Men Who Secretly Remove Condoms During Sex | Broadly ow.ly/r2HA50bb6E4 22 hours ago
- united-nations: Climate change affects every country on every... ow.ly/TwM050bb4XL 23 hours ago
- "I teach a class called ‘Decolonize Your Diet,’ and I talk about the Spaniards arriving in..." ow.ly/Q1Zy50bb3xc 1 day ago
- Donald Trump reversed many of Obama’s environmental... - Donald Trump reversed many of Obama’s environmental pr... ow.ly/MmCY50baSyU 1 day ago
- SEMANTIC GENOCIDE: Three #Native Sons Discuss #OperationGeronimo ow.ly/YQ0h9 https://t.co/PBwfx7Dp04 1 day ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.