Iran’s Mysterious American Prisoner Claimed He Was an FBI Informant. Oops. – The Daily Beast – Khosravi, who has been described as a businessman specializing in the design and sale of carpets and rugs, may also have been an ambitious huckster with an overeager imagination and a penchant for telling wild stories—tales that landed him in an Iranian jail. While visiting family in Iran last year, Khosravi, who has Iranian and U.S. citizenship, claimed that he was working for the FBI, and that he had information on the whereabouts of Robert Levinson, a retired FBI agent and contractor for the Central Intelligence Agency, who was kidnapped in Iran in 2007 and hasn’t been found. It was a wild claim, especially since he had no such information. The three other Americans who were freed along with Khosravi, including Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian, had all been accused of working with American intelligence or trying to subvert Iran’s national security, and all three firmly denied the allegations. But here was Khosravi, not only telling various people in Iran he was an agent of the United States, but that he had information about Levinson, who has been the subject of intense negotiations between U.S. and Iranian officials for years.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 10,000 More Syrian Refugees to Be Taken in by Canada - ASHARQ AL-AWSAT English ow.ly/jDV250d22Vx 23 hours ago
- Follows South, East: North throws open toilets at restaurants to women, kids ow.ly/iTvr50d1Rja 1 day ago
- Sacramento, CA: Freeway Tagged in Support of Antifascist Prisoner Joel Almgren for #J25// By Anonymous ow.ly/9Iam50d1R4U 1 day ago
- Canada wasn't — and isn't — ready for an Indigenous governor general - CBC News | Opinion ow.ly/WkcA50d1R4W 1 day ago
- Robert Jago: Canada wasn't — and isn't — ready for an Indigenous governor general - CBC News | Opinion ow.ly/pkne50d1R4V 1 day ago
- 4th World Radyo // Personal Pedigree and Sociopolitical Power: The Skin-Deep Proportionality of Identity and Political Legitimacy
- #NoDAPL // WATCH: Two Arrested For Actions Against Dakota Access Pipeline
- #Wisconsin company offers to microchip employees
- July 25th: Event marks the International Day of Latin American and Caribbean Black Women in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul
- Petronas cancels $11.4-billion LNG project near Prince Rupert — Warrior Publications
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.