Sessions sworn in as attorney general as Trump signs orders to increase police powers – World Socialist Web Site – The US Senate confirmed Sessions on Wednesday in a 52-47 vote, with Democrat Joe Manchin of West Virginia joining Republicans to see the nomination through. After being sworn in, Sessions said he would direct his offices to end immigrant “lawlessness,” counter “an increased threat from terrorism,” and beat back an alleged growth of violent crime. He described the latter as a “dangerous permanent trend,” though data on violent crime demonstrates that it is at its lowest level in decades. This is code language for a major increase in US police powers to target the entire working class. Immediately after Sessions’ swearing-in ceremony, Trump signed three more executive orders directed at further increasing the role of police in US society. The first, Trump said, will “break the back of the criminal cartels that have spread across our nation.” The second creates a task force on violent crime in America. The third calls for the creation of “a plan to stop…violence against police.” Sessions will have a major hand in executing these and the many other orders issued from the Trump White House. The attorney general heads the Department of Justice and is both the leading US law enforcement officer and the primary legal counsel to the US government. These actions follow a speech by Trump before the Major Cities Police Chiefs Association on Wednesday, during which Trump denounced the courts for ruling against his anti-Muslim travel ban. Trump also told the assembled police chiefs that they have a “true friend in the White House.” Every year, police in the United States kill more than 1,000 people, many of them unarmed.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- The commandment of the TIKKO in Rojava tell the attacks against Internationalist Batallion – Nouvelle Turquie
- White House blocks CNN, New York Times, Politico from press briefing
- Africa: Tunisia to Participate in Joint Military Exercises With France, U.S. and Germany
- Germans surprised, disturbed at idea of Russian youth ‘storming Reichstag’ | Germany | DW.COM | 24.02.2017
- U.S. troops wounded in Iraqi offensive against Mosul
- Interview with the Women’s Committee of the TKP/ML TiKKO (guerrilla) – Nouvelle Turquie ow.ly/TxN8509Nkhn 3 days ago
- Looking back at Malcolm X's FBI file on his 90th birthday - Looking back at Malcolm X's FBI file on his 90th bi... ow.ly/hDa4509N7xn 3 days ago
- 2017 Suppressed News - February 22, 2017 Montreal Yemen South Sudan ow.ly/DYi9509N7lU 3 days ago
- India Condemns Deadly Shooting of Engineer in Kansas as FBI Probes 'Hate Crime' | World Affairs Journal ow.ly/YCR8509N7lT 3 days ago
- 4thWorldRadyo STILL seeking #WhitePeople to discuss #LorneAhrens & #WhiteSupremacy in the #Military & LEO via Skype… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.