“We’re disappointed that Members of Parliament were unable to take this simple step to protect press freedom in Canada,” says Tom Henheffer, Executive Director of Canadian Journalists for Free Expression. “Bill S-231 would be the beginning of full legal recognition for the role of journalists in serving the public and protecting democracy. Instead journalists and their sources will remain vulnerable to inconsistent or unfair treatment by the courts. Its swift passage needs to be a priority when MPs return in the fall.”Bill S-231 was unanimously adopted by the Senate on third reading in April. The private member’s bill was authored by Conservative Senator Claude Carignan, former Leader of the Opposition in the Senate. Henheffer appeared before the Standing Committee on Public Safety on June 19, 2017, to argue for the importance of the bill.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Accused in motel murder granted bail, conditions... - Accused in motel murder granted bail, conditions not disc... ow.ly/Opo650dzF4f 52 minutes ago
- africandiasporaphd:ARTICLE: Holden on African-American Children... ow.ly/hqNJ50dzC4Z 1 hour ago
- James Fields Jr. was 'infatuated' with Nazis, former teacher says ow.ly/GAVD50dzvRw 3 hours ago
- Alt-Right Organisations Have Declared: ‘We Are At War’ w/ the US Govt. What will Trump do? ow.ly/ix2H30ewlKR https://t.co/vspqlSuWzP 4 hours ago
- Steve Herman on Twitter - Steve Herman on Twitter ow.ly/HWC550dzmDH 5 hours ago
- Accused in motel murder granted bail, conditions not disclosed
- Thousands rally in Deiyai over fatal shooting
- #Republicans / #altReich / #FakeNews
- #Forensics / #Justice / #Crime
- Medievalists Respond to Charlottesville | The Medieval Academy Blog
- Former aide asks court to declare George Galloway bankrupt
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.