“What to the Slave is 4th of July?”: James Earl Jones Reads Frederick Douglass’s Historic Speech | Democracy Now! – In a Fourth of July holiday special, we begin with the words of Frederick Douglass. Born into slavery around 1818, Douglass became a key leader of the abolitionist movement. On July 5, 1852, in Rochester, New York, he gave one of his most famous speeches, “The Meaning of July Fourth for the Negro.” He was addressing the Rochester Ladies Antislavery Society. This is actor James Earl Jones reading the speech during a performance of historian Howard Zinn’s acclaimed book, “Voices of a People’s History of the United States.” He was introduced by Zinn.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- APNS Public Radyo#Indigenist #TalkRadio for Intelligent #Aboriginals ow.ly/yp8Y30dUD2H #Podcasts… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 minutes ago
- concerned Australians | Without Justice There Can Be No Reconciliation ow.ly/4C0230dUCMm 28 minutes ago
- wearerewire: (via Protests Heat Up At Abortion Clinic in North... ow.ly/E8JV50d1MqK 1 hour ago
- Daily military reports – Airwars ow.ly/9WuU30dUvTI 1 hour ago
- San Diego, July 5: Latinx group, union members welcome Cuban labor leader – Workers World ow.ly/Grrn50d1JdO 2 hours ago
- 4th World Radyo // Personal Pedigree and Sociopolitical Power: The Skin-Deep Proportionality of Identity and Political Legitimacy
- #NoDAPL // WATCH: Two Arrested For Actions Against Dakota Access Pipeline
- #Wisconsin company offers to microchip employees
- July 25th: Event marks the International Day of Latin American and Caribbean Black Women in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul
- Petronas cancels $11.4-billion LNG project near Prince Rupert — Warrior Publications
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.