Manhunt Underway for Tennessee Shooter Who Killed 4 People of Color | Democracy Now! – In Tennessee, police have launched a manhunt for a killer who opened fire on a Waffle House restaurant in suburban Nashville early Sunday morning, killing four people and wounding four others before being disarmed by a patron and escaping on foot. Police have identified the killer as a 29-year-old white man from Morton, Illinois, named Travis Reinking. All of his victims were young people of color. Reinking reportedly arrived at the Waffle House naked, except for a jacket, armed with an AR-15 semiautomatic assault rifle. He fled the scene after 29-year-old James Shaw Jr. wrestled Reinking’s assault rifle away from him. Shaw, who was injured in the struggle, has been widely hailed as a hero who prevented the further loss of life. Reinking was arrested in July 2017 by the Secret Service for trespassing on the White House grounds. He would go on to tell investigators he wanted to set up a meeting with President Trump. It was one of several incidents in which Reinking was reported to have displayed delusional thinking. After the White House incident, the FBI seized four of Reinking’s guns—but the weapons were later returned to Reinking’s father, who has acknowledged he then gave the guns back to his son. One of those guns was the AR-15 used in Sunday’s massacre.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- RT @TheAngryindian: 20178-2019 Grassroots Communities Mining Mini-Grant Program Submission DEADLINE - June 1… goo.gl/fb/pjrvco 11 hours ago
- RT @gargantapodero: #Ahora, miles de gargantas poderosas gritan en Plaza de Mayo, por una Latinoamérica unida, digna y combativa: #Marielle… 12 hours ago
- RT @TheAngryindian: Nightslantern Suppressed News // #Gaza / #Canada goo.gl/fb/uCs17s 1 day ago
- Senators Ask FCC Why It Did Nothing To Stop Their Names From Being Fraudulently Used During #NetNeutrality Repeal | Techdirt
- British government excludes bereaved relatives from #Grenfell disaster inquiry
- Once More: Blog Gatekeeping Dilemmas
- ‘Guardians of the #Amazon’ Seize Illegal Loggers to Protect Uncontacted Tribe
- Armed gangs force ‘growing number’ to flee north and south, in Central America
- PNG Wants a Bigger Slice of Exxon’s Gas Profits
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.