The messages have driven parents like Sabah to keep their children indoors. Teachers report reduced attendance at schools. The texts have even driven some Indians to murder.In recent months, about two dozen people across India have been lynched — beaten to death — by mobs driven to violence by what they’ve read on social media.Fake news is blamed for misleading voters and possibly influencing elections in the West. But in India, it’s killing people.One night earlier this month, around 11 p.m., Sabah heard a commotion outside her home. She lives in a midsized town, Malegaon, in northern Maharashtra state — an area famous for its textile looms, about 170 miles northeast and inland from India’s largest city, Mumbai.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- NC deputy on leave after video posted of him slamming teen sisters to ground
- CIA reportedly went into ‘panic mode’ when Trump appeared to side with Putin over US intelligence community in Helsinki
- Dennis Skinner Tells May She’s Frit and Handed Power to Brussels — Beastrabban\’s Weblog
- ‘We’ll Kill You, Too!’ South African Activist Accused Of Calling For Violence Against White Farmers — News One
- Thank you, Cuban doctors. See you soon — JSC: Jamaicans in Solidarity with Cuba
- ProPublica on Twitter
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.