The Washington Post is reporting the online phone platform Skype has increased its cooperation with law enforcement to give police access to online chats and other user data, including credit card numbers and addresses. Skype has had a reputation as a highly secure platform used around the world by activists seeking to avoid government repression. Its reputation for security stemmed from its strong encryption technology and other features. But authorities had pushed for changes, saying Skype’s security allowed criminals to communicate secretly. Skype’s security changes have been hailed by law enforcement but strongly criticized by anti-surveillance activists.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Defense stocks up big as ISIS crisis escalates – Sep. 22, 2014
- Caught on Tape: The Increasingly Strange and Worrisome Case of the White House Fence Jumper
- Do We Really Want Cops With Body Cameras Filming Everything They See? | Internationalist Prison Books Collective
- Suspicions Run Deep in Iraq and Elsewhere That C.I.A. and the Islamic State Are United | CLG News
- Article: Important victory in case of Ray McGovern’s brutal arrest | OpEdNews
- #Blackface! - The #History of #Racist #Blackface #Stereotypes ow.ly/BQw0K 23 minutes ago
- #Yellowface! - The #History of #Racist #Asian #Stereotypes ow.ly/BQv9z 33 minutes ago
- #EuroSettler #JohnHoward: there was no #genocide against #IndigenousAustralians | World news | theguardian.com ow.ly/BQv39 35 minutes ago
- #Brownface! - The #History of #Racist #Latino / #Hispanic #Stereotypes ow.ly/BQuZe 36 minutes ago
- Obesity: Africa’s new crisis | Society | The Observer ow.ly/2O1fBN 1 hour ago