The Washington Post is reporting the online phone platform Skype has increased its cooperation with law enforcement to give police access to online chats and other user data, including credit card numbers and addresses. Skype has had a reputation as a highly secure platform used around the world by activists seeking to avoid government repression. Its reputation for security stemmed from its strong encryption technology and other features. But authorities had pushed for changes, saying Skype’s security allowed criminals to communicate secretly. Skype’s security changes have been hailed by law enforcement but strongly criticized by anti-surveillance activists.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Saudi extremist funding ‘has been stopped completely,’ claims Prince Alwaleed
- Loyalists planned killings before and after ceasefire – Irish Republican News – Sat, Oct 18, 2014
- MH-17: THE UNTOLD STORY
- Are New Zealand MP’s Bullied Into Rubber Stamping War?
- Demonstrate against Canadian participation in the 3rd Iraq war SATURDAY Oct. 25 2:30 PM, US CONSULATE, Toronto
- Athens: Fascist bashed in Exarchia - Contra Info #AntiFa - Athens: Fascist bashed in Exarchia - Contra Info: On Mo... ow.ly/2PwO9B 5 hours ago
- McConaughey blitzed, defended for views on 'Redskins' - CNN.com ow.ly/2PwO9D 5 hours ago
- 14 Facts about Torture in Mexico | Amnesty International USA ow.ly/2PwO9C 5 hours ago
- Let’s just point out the stupidity in this: why would Blue come... ow.ly/2PwM0l 5 hours ago
- DNA of Indigenous Women Protects Hispanic Women in US from Breast Cancer | News | teleSUR ow.ly/2PwFS3 6 hours ago